YZ Off Road Handling Issues

Hi guys. This is my first post. I appologize if this is an old topic, however I'm looking for some help.

I bought a like-new 2006 YZ450F. I've been riding in the desert, mostly old race courses and enduro trails, so it's a mix of fast off road, and technical trails. This thing is making me nuts. I've had Ross at Enzo do the shock and forks a couple times, and I think I have them working as good as they'll get. I've played with sag settings and I think I have that as good as I can get it, but I still feel like the thing wants to understeer or oversteer suddenly, and it's sapping my confidence to push it much harder.

I've seen some information about triple clamps that change the steering geometry, but since I don't ride motocross, I'm not looking for razor tight turning, or something that will make things worse at speed and big whoopy sections.

Just for reference, I'm an intermediate desert rider, 6'7", 250#. My last few bikes were an XR650, a YZ 490 and a bunch of Husky's, so you can see my bikes have mostly been XC type chasis.

This is my first new bike in a few years, so maybe they all handle like this nowadays? I'd appreciate any suggestions you might have. Thanks.

Have you tried moving your bars forward or raising your forks in the triple clamps. I have an 07 and i raised my forks 7mm, and run 96mm sag. Im 6'6" 225lb. I know how you feel. You might want to try some fastway pegs in the lowboy position, and maybe a tall seat. It will help you move around on the bike better.

I have not tried lowering the forks, as I was worried about high speed stability. I do have a taller seat, and I used a high CR bend bar. I was thinking that if I changed the clamps, I would go to a sub-mount, and pick up a little more bar height.

The pegs are a nice ergo suggestion. I'll definately look into that.

Get risers on the bars and a really tall bar bend and probably try to lower the foot pegs and drop them back a bit.

set the race sag for your height.

Also get a good chain and run the rear wheel as far back as you can, think hillclimb style.

i am 5' 10" and the stock bars and peg height are a bit low for me.

pretty sure the stock settings are good for a 5' 8" person in the desert.

I tried using mine for a Hare Scrambles, I didn't like the fact it has no rear grab handles, trying to lift it over logs or out of a tough spot you have to grab the rear fender, other than that it is a great bike. Mike

Just grab it by the frame,and press it over your head:busted: