WR lighting problem-WR 426

2 replies to this topic
  • slider91129

Posted December 25, 2008 - 10:46 AM

I've got a strange problem maybe someone can help with. I've got a 02 WR426. It had a Baja designs lighting kit that worked fine. I wanted to lighten the bike a bit and put all the stock parts back on. Here's the problem- It worked fine with the Baja kit and when the stock parts are on, the bike runs fine, but no lights. I checked all the bulbs, grounds, switch, etc., but now it looks like the lighting coil may be bad. I have a hard time believing the coil miraculously went bad the same day I replaced the lights, but I'm at a loss for anything else. I'll call Baja designs when they open, but was hoping someone could shed some light on this. Any ideas?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • slider91129

Posted December 26, 2008 - 06:01 AM

Christmas may have been a bad day to post this.:busted:

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted December 26, 2008 - 06:52 AM

When you installed the DB kit you had to ground float the coil or have them do it right?????. If I am not mistaken you have to ground that extra wire from the coil and it should work right.. It seems like that what has to be done but I am remembering from 5 years ago on my previous WR 400. But just to be sure also contact BD or call Dale at Trick DualSport at !-661-268-1094. Either of those can verify my feeble memory. Or not!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.