accelerator pump diaphrams

2 replies to this topic
  • DesertChris

Posted January 29, 2003 - 08:19 PM

I was looking at the carburetor parts lists and found six different pump diaphrams listed. Anybody know the difference?

WR426
5JG-14940-17-00 (OPT)
5JG-14940-18-00 (STD)
5JG-14940-19-00 (OPT)

YZF426
5JG-14940-06-00 (OPT)
5JG-14940-07-00 (STD)
5JG-14940-08-00 (OPT)

Volume possibly?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sabin

Posted January 29, 2003 - 10:07 PM

I think it is volum, but someone said that you cannot order any of the optional diaphrams. And it's the same as BKMod...

• Hick

Posted January 29, 2003 - 10:44 PM

I tried on several occasions to order a few optional diaphragms, just out of curiousity, but they were not available. At least one other TTalk member tried and had the saem result. It has been over a year since my last attempt.

In the center of the pump diaphragm is a brass (I think, could be steel) dimple, the top side is flat where the pump rod butts it, the bottom portion is an extension of about 1 mm or so.

It would be hard to alter the volume of the pump without changing the chamber size, the educated guess around here has been that the optional diaphragms have different length dimples, which have the affect of shortening or lengthening the accelerator pump stroke.

But as far as I know nobody around here has ever actually received one.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.