wr 450 hp

2 replies to this topic
  • giiil

Posted December 25, 2008 - 12:25 AM

I am thinking about buying a 08 wr 450. I owned a yzf 426 and i am wondering how does a wr 450 (free mods done + yzf complete exhaust) compare with yzf 426 power wise?

I am hopping to get 2 or 3 hp more out of the wr to compensate for the additional weight.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • brad the best

Posted December 25, 2008 - 10:48 AM

definitely more power then the 426 , are you planning to do the cam's to ?

02 yz426-231.5 pounds dry
08 wr450-248.0 pounds dry

i can't find actual hp numbers but if you put a set of cam's in the 450 and all the free mods with a pipe i guarantee it will spank a 426 , i wouldn't even worry about the cams , but its an easy option .

the alluminum frames are a lot better mannered bikes you won't regret it .

just don't freak out when you drive a corked wr , i know i wondered why the throttle didn't move and figured a 450 should be doing a little more then a 250 .

• tweav

Posted December 25, 2008 - 08:05 PM

my 07 wr450 with all the free mods and a fmf pipe and mega bomb jetted on the dyno pulled 51.2 hp before I put in the yz ex cam . I have not run it after that . I should because I have done quite a few mods since then . A J.E. piston , hot cams , +1mm vavles and a ported yz head.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.