New to site 03 WR450

1 reply to this topic
  • COVROD

Posted December 24, 2008 - 04:44 PM

Just bought an 03 WR450 and was excited to find this site. After a week of reading everything I could on here I'd like some opinions on setting up my bike. I've read all the info on jetting and what everyone else has but can't find one close enough to my atlitude, etc. Here's what I have; any info or help is greatly appreciated. Planning on an adjustable throttle screw and some new jets. Just not sure which ones.

The bike has the dreaded bog bad. I think the bike originally came out of MI. and never got rejetted for altitude.

Note: I'm at 8000 feet and will be riding between 8-10K feet. Temp: 65-80

Airbox opened up
Grey wire cut
Exhaust baffle out
Throttle stop done
Main jet 145 (don’t know where that came from)
Pilot 45
Starter 65
Leak 70
No adjustable throttle screw

Bike bogs bad and pops on decal.
Looking for help on jetting and any other mods that would help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bg10459

Posted December 25, 2008 - 09:02 AM

Check the jetting D-base. 3rd post down, Indy has a really good place to start. http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=411240

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.