Sucess is wonderful

1 reply to this topic
  • F6dood

Posted January 29, 2003 - 04:16 PM

Posted a thread 2 wks ago about engine WR426 high idle at running temperature, normal when cold. Replaced std PJ #42 w/ new PJ#48.That kicked it in the A**. Engine has never idled better. Funny thing, after 2 - 3 minutes at idle, the exhaust pipe near the Cyl head no longer glows cherry red either. Clearly, the engine mixture was very lean at idle. Transition from idle to grunt is very smooth and fast. Thanks for all the help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • x2smoker

Posted January 29, 2003 - 06:14 PM

Good to hear! I am not one to get too extreme with jetting changes, but may give this a try. My '02 has the same symptom as yours did. Let us know if you now have plug fouling problems. I still have the original plug and it looks perfect, the classic light grey. I checked the gap and put it back in because I know it is good. I think it would suck big time if on the trail, I had to remove the seat and tank so I could change a fouled plug.

x2

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.