Honda brake clips?

2 replies to this topic
  • dustdogg

Posted December 23, 2008 - 05:35 PM

After 6 years of trusty service I decided to install a new chain, sprockets and front brake pads on my WR 426. Well I noticed that when I took out the old pads the clip that goes under the pad to keep tension on it showed signs of wear. Of course I wasn't going to reuse the damaged clip so I figured I would pick up a new one from the dealer on my lunch hour. When I asked the guy at the counter for the clip he checked the computer and told me they did not have it in stock and I might need to look into a caliper rebuild kit. I said no I do not need the kit just the clip. My next question was do you sell it seperately? Answer: Yes but I have to order it. Not the answer I wanted since I plan on leaving for the desert next Tuesday. So I told him that most of the Japenese bikes use the same calipers and pads so why not cross it over? Luckily my dealer sells Yamaha/Honda/Kawasaki & Suzuki. I had him check on an 02' or 03' Honda CRF 450 and sure enough they are identicle. The only downside is that this 2 cent part would be sold to me for only $11.99:foul: I figured it's not worth the effort to find it cheaper and I reluctantly paid and went back to work. Here are a couple pics so you can see what I'm talking about.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just thought I would remind some of you that are in a bind that sometimes when it comes to brake parts you may get lucky and find the right part even if it is a Honda:p

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tribalbc

Posted December 23, 2008 - 05:48 PM

I did the same thing for my 07. I got the clip from an 06 crf. Mine had been crunched by a rock or something ?
Only cost me $2.00 though :busted:
I bought 4 just to have on stock in the future.

• justbackitin

Posted December 24, 2008 - 03:21 PM

The Rm 125 has the exact same front brake system as my 06 wr450 too.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.