Trailtech Vapor WOOT!!

5 replies to this topic
  • Se77vN

Posted December 23, 2008 - 12:11 PM

So I think my GF gave away my xmas gift.... I have been asking for the Vapor Trailtech for my 08 yz450...and I think it comes in today or tomorrow. :p :moon:

SO....my question is to all of you out there with this computer.... any special tips or tricks??

I kinda doubt she got the protector for it, so I may have to order one... any recommendations for which one exactly to get?? Seems like the website has many different kinds.
--I just have stock Pro Taper bars.

Any other helpful advice would be much appreciated... also if anyone has any pics of what they look like mounted to thier yami's would be cool too.

Happy holidays to all!! :busted:

• William1

Posted December 23, 2008 - 04:51 PM

If you get it (you still have to behave for a little longer for Santa to cough up the goodies), you may want a Trail Tech mount or perhaps make your own. I am familiar with some of the methods to set things, so feel free to ask if you really get one. He is watching..... :busted:

• Se77vN

Posted December 26, 2008 - 03:21 PM

Well it's official. I got it, but the order was delayed and wont arrive till next week?? =(
---But i also got the pro holiday set ASV levers... Double WOOT...
--They look awesome, but the hot start is on the bottom...which seems rather odd...I guess we will see how it feels when it's on... Anyone have these and like/dislike the hotstart opposed to stock??

She also order the protector (Part Number: 022-P05), but I think have told her to get the wrong one.... I think I may need the simpler one: (Part Number: 022-SO)

Any ideas which one will serve it's purpose better for my bike?
--Thanking you in advance, as I may very well have more questions once it comes in.

-JR

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted December 27, 2008 - 08:52 AM

---But i also got the pro holiday set ASV levers...
--They look awesome, but the hot start is on the bottom...which seems rather odd...I guess we will see how it feels when it's on... Anyone have these and like/dislike the hotstart opposed to stock??

I have that setup. It's actually easier to operate with your thumb once you adapt. If you are using crossbar handlebars, the cable routing can be problematic, but it works fine otherwise.

• Se77vN

Posted December 27, 2008 - 11:26 AM

I have that setup. It's actually easier to operate with your thumb once you adapt. If you are using crossbar handlebars, the cable routing can be problematic, but it works fine otherwise.

I just have the stock pro taper's that came with the bike. :p

Thank you gray...:moon:

--Im cleaning out the garage right now to start getting ready for the goods. :busted:

Do you have the computer as well Gray?

~JR

• grayracer513

Posted December 27, 2008 - 01:56 PM

Do you have the computer as well Gray?

~JR

Nope. I do use a Garmin GPSMap 60CS in the desert, though.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  30 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.