Remote Hot Start Whats the best one?

5 replies to this topic
  • Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted July 11, 2002 - 03:47 PM

What are the differences between the Ty Davis system and the Doug Dubach/Dr. D system.
If you use either one, tell me what you think, how it works and what you paid for it, where to buy.
Thanks in advance.

• ddialogue

Posted July 12, 2002 - 07:59 AM

I have the Doug Dubach remote hot start and I absolutely love it! Of any of the aftermarket add-on's, this one is the best. Having to reach down for the hotstart button is a pain in the butt! The DD remote hotstart button is spring loaded so you simply push it in with your thumb to activate it. When your finished, just remove your thumb and it deactivates automatically. $89.95 at the local Yamaha shop. Here's a shot of the installed lever:

http://www.dialoguef...26/hotstart.jpg

Dave

[ July 12, 2002: Message edited by: ddialogue ]

• JJboys

Posted July 12, 2002 - 08:31 AM

I also am looking for info on Hot starts... Dr. D does not make on for a 99 WR. The other companies were Motion Pro and ZipTy. Any info would be great!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted July 12, 2002 - 10:34 AM

Originally posted by JJboys:
I also am looking for info on Hot starts... Dr. D does not make on for a 99 WR. The other companies were Motion Pro and ZipTy. Any info would be great!!

I've seen the Motion Pro and have the Zip Ty. I know the latter is probably more expensive but I think it is a "cleaner" setup and easier to operate.

It has been a while since I had a good look at the pre-'00 hot start, but I'm not sure why the Dr. D would not work but the Motion Pro would (they are both cable operated).

Anyway I've had the Davis hot start for almost two years and have had no problems with it.

• Old_Novice

Posted July 12, 2002 - 02:45 PM

I hear Taffy has a remote hot start mod that costs much less than those mentioned. I did go searching for info on the mod here in the archives and did not turn up anything that explained it.

Taffy??? Would you be so kind as to help here?

• Littlefoot

Posted July 13, 2002 - 03:03 AM

Believe I did the same as Taffy here. Get some vacuum line, attach to the vacuum nipple on the head side of carb, route under fuel tank up to handle bars and mount the existing hot start plunger on either the left handle bar, (I used the de-compression lever clamp), or the right, I am moving to the bottom bolt of the brake lever bracket, left hand is busy with clutch and de-compression. Use a piece of Scotchbrite for a mini filter on the open end of the hotstart.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.