White bros carb mod

8 replies to this topic
  • qwik12beat

Posted December 23, 2008 - 07:52 AM

I did this mod when i first got my bike, and i thought it was great because of the throttle response, but ive been annoyed with this flat spot on top. So i decided to rejet. Upon removal of the jets i was surprised to see that the main was a (180):moon: and the pilot was a 52:eek:with a 42 leak. Why on earth would they make the bike so rich:excuseme: I rejetted with a 170mj, and a 48pj, and i am much happier. I just wanted to let you guys know about it. Now that i think about it, it was the dumbest thing i have ever bought because i could have went to the shop, and bought $10 worth of jets and had it running better than it did with the $65 white bros kit. All the kit consisted of was a main, a pilot, and a leak, and a little piece of paper saying to wire the two throttle wheels together:lame:

Anybody got an email addresse for white bros. I gotta bone to pick with them.:busted:

• KJ790

Posted December 23, 2008 - 08:11 AM

I did this mod when i first got my bike, and i thought it was great because of the throttle response, but ive been annoyed with this flat spot on top. So i decided to rejet. Upon removal of the jets i was surprised to see that the main was a (180):moon: and the pilot was a 52:eek:with a 42 leak. Why on earth would they make the bike so rich:excuseme: I rejetted with a 170mj, and a 48pj, and i am much happier. I just wanted to let you guys know about it. Now that i think about it, it was the dumbest thing i have ever bought because i could have went to the shop, and bought $10 worth of jets and had it running better than it did with the $65 white bros kit. All the kit consisted of was a main, a pilot, and a leak, and a little piece of paper saying to wire the two throttle wheels together:lame:

Anybody got an email addresse for white bros. I gotta bone to pick with them.:busted:

If all it was was a jetting kit, then it was a waste of money unless it came with many jets and instructions to jetting it properly. There is no right set of jets for a bike, as every location requires slightly different jetting depending on temperature and elevation.

By the way, white brothers went out of business over a year ago, so I don't think you'll be able to contact them.

• finthat

Posted December 23, 2008 - 08:55 AM

Products and complaints like this would explain why they are out of business.

• qwik12beat

Posted December 23, 2008 - 09:14 AM

KJ--thats what i was thinking. How can they just throw some jets in a kit, and expect it to run good?I thought it was going to be a variety of jets, but it wasnt. Well glad to hear they wont be screwing anyone else anytime soon.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BC3

Posted December 23, 2008 - 10:03 AM

Products and complaints like this would explain why they are out of business.

When Tom and Dan White owned the business (sold 1999) this would never have happened, both the brothers are "Hands on " mechanics...Tom was the
service manager at Orange County Yamaha before they started White Bros.
and Dan worked for Kawasaki R&D in Santa Anna .......
Posted Image

[COLOR="Blue"]BC and Tom White at the grand opening of Tom's museum[/COLOR]

• finthat

Posted December 24, 2008 - 06:24 AM

When Tom and Dan White owned the business (sold 1999) this would never have happened, both the brothers are "Hands on " mechanics...Tom was the
service manager at Orange County Yamaha before they started White Bros.
and Dan worked for Kawasaki R&D in Santa Anna .......

Didn't mean to slam the guys who started the company. It must be hard to see something you have built go into a downward spiral after you sell it with your name on it.

• BC3

Posted December 24, 2008 - 10:53 AM

[COLOR="Blue"]Well it is.....They are really Bummed because of the way things went .......But no big deal...Merry Christmas...[/COLOR]

• husqy360

Posted December 24, 2008 - 01:04 PM

they should buy/get it back then, and revive there name.

• BC3

Posted December 24, 2008 - 01:08 PM

[COLOR="Blue"]If you were Retired and a Multi - Millionaire I doubt you would want it back.....[/COLOR]

He has a cool Museum that keeps him busy these days....

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.