07 yz 450f jetting socal

5 replies to this topic
  • bblack

Posted December 22, 2008 - 06:41 PM

i ride in about 4200' and i am going to socal to ride some tracks this weekend and want to know if i need to change my jetting?
i ride an 07 yz450f with a fmf pipe with mega bomb header

• Slinkyman16

Posted December 22, 2008 - 07:14 PM

you should be good.. what elevation are you at right now? the most you will have to do is play with the fuel screw a bit.. also bring some cold weather gear.. its colder then a mo-fo right now..

• grayracer513

Posted December 22, 2008 - 08:19 PM

... what elevation are you at right now? ..

Kidding, right?

Anyway, it depends on the altitude of the tracks you're going to. If they're much below 2500 feet, you might do well to bump the main and pilot each up a notch.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Slinkyman16

Posted December 23, 2008 - 02:21 AM

if he posted that before or after i made the comment then i didnt see it.. my bad.. saw socal and looked at utah and then socal tracks.

• bblack

Posted December 23, 2008 - 06:12 AM

So you think 165 mj 48 pj should be good? I am going to ride parris and starwest I think they are at about 2100' but i don't know.
you think your cold I am working in 10 degrees i cant wait!!

• grayracer513

Posted December 23, 2008 - 07:43 AM

The 165 should be OK. The 48 might be a little big, but in this cooler weather, that could be OK, too.

Slinky, just messin' with you a little :busted:

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.