Muffler Tips

10 replies to this topic
  • redrider2500f

Posted December 22, 2008 - 04:54 PM

Anyone have any suggestions for a muffler tip for a 04 yz450f? I want something to get rid off the old tip to make it look better also i dont want a new muffler just the tip.

• grayracer513

Posted December 22, 2008 - 07:49 PM

DRD or Pro Moto Billet.

• BC3

Posted December 22, 2008 - 09:44 PM

I used a Pro Moto Billet and it was too loud to pass at some of our riding areas in Nor Cal (96 DB limit) If you have sound control where you ride consider a whole different muffler.....before installing anything to your stock pipe....JMO

• 426 NOOB

Posted December 23, 2008 - 04:20 PM

I used a Pro Moto Billet and it was too loud to pass at some of our riding areas in Nor Cal (96 DB limit) If you have sound control where you ride consider a whole different muffler.....before installing anything to your stock pipe....JMO

I would go with pro moto billet, and buy the quiet insert for parks. i pushed a 94db sound run on my 426 at hollister hills in CA

• BC3

Posted December 23, 2008 - 04:22 PM

[COLOR="Blue"]Well there you go, because Hollister (For us CA guys) is one of the toughest for sound......I always get turned around at the gate when ever we go there...I hate Hollister[/COLOR]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 426 NOOB

Posted December 23, 2008 - 04:28 PM

[COLOR="Blue"]Well there you go, because Hollister (For us CA guys) is one of the toughest for sound......I always get turned around at the gate when ever we go there...I hate Hollister[/COLOR]

haha, I cant go there and not get in trouble. They pulled me over and wanted a sound check, and they were dissapointed.

• BC3

Posted December 26, 2008 - 04:52 PM

[COLOR="Blue"]I haven't been there since they opened the new area....What's it like now? [/COLOR]

• DPW

Posted December 27, 2008 - 07:50 AM

Dr.D slip-on and there is a quiet insert available for the exhuast if you are trying to keep it quiet..

• grayracer513

Posted December 27, 2008 - 09:41 AM

Does DRD make slip-ons for bikes? Didn't used to.

• DPW

Posted December 27, 2008 - 09:59 AM

Does DRD make slip-ons for bikes? Didn't used to.

I know for the '03-05 models they do or did at least, I had one.

• smokin529

Posted December 27, 2008 - 10:24 AM

FMF 4.1 with the quiet core S/A. Keep good packing in it and it's around 92-94db. plus with a JD jet kit your bike will run killer!:busted:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.