Need help identifying this

5 replies to this topic
  • Kaleb

Posted December 22, 2008 - 01:49 PM

Found this on sale and cannot identify what year it is. The ad says its Ti but the pipe does not so I am not sure. It also looks like it has a leak in it.

Any help identifying the year this was made would be appreciated.

Also, how much do you think is a fair price for this? Its for a 2003-2005 WR 450.

http://s480.photobuc...rr164/maddog2k/

Thanks much!!!

• William1

Posted December 22, 2008 - 02:19 PM

Not ti, stainless. I'd offer less than $100.00, assuming it is a COMPELTE pipe, head mount and all other mounting brackets, springs, ect.

• Kaleb

Posted December 22, 2008 - 02:27 PM

Not ti, stainless. I'd offer less than $100.00, assuming it is a COMPELTE pipe, head mount and all other mounting brackets, springs, ect.

Hey William...less than $100...those do retail at $360...is it that old?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted December 22, 2008 - 03:05 PM

Got to figure, once it is sold, even if it is in new condition, the value drops at least 25%. Add just a few scratches, drop another 25%. Figure the muffler is going to have to be re-packed, drop another 20%. These are minimum numbers as far as I am concerned. That totals 70% less than new (or $252.00 off new price). No way to tell for sure what bike it does fit. Buying used parts like this are often a 'do you feel lucky' proposition.

• Kaleb

Posted December 22, 2008 - 03:21 PM

Got to figure, once it is sold, even if it is in new condition, the value drops at least 25%. Add just a few scratches, drop another 25%. Figure the muffler is going to have to be re-packed, drop another 20%. These are minimum numbers as far as I am concerned. That totals 70% less than new (or $252.00 off new price). No way to tell for sure what bike it does fit. Buying used parts like this are often a 'do you feel lucky' proposition.

Ok...thanks for the insight William...I have not bought used parts before so I appreciate the ideas.

• matt4x4

Posted December 23, 2008 - 05:26 AM

I don't see a leak - that's a mounting bracket.
Give you an idea on used pipes - I got a brand new White Bros E series with less than 5 hours on it and no scratches whatsoever for $80.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.