Problems with 03 WR450?

3 replies to this topic
  • soco3594

Posted December 22, 2008 - 12:22 PM

Hey guys. Ive heard a bit of talk about their being some problems with the 03 450 which were rectified in later models. What were they? I am looking at buying a used 450 and I don't have a huge budget so I want to make sure I get the right one.

Cheers

• SJMC_DON

Posted December 22, 2008 - 01:40 PM

Search "woodruff key" or "03' starter"

Yamaha had a re-call of sorts where parts were provided to fix... most 03' owners should have fixed it by now... other than that, good bikes no big money issues just test the seller on his maintenance routines:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • soco3594

Posted December 22, 2008 - 02:21 PM

cheers. Did the 03 250 have the same problems?

• Baja trail Rider

Posted December 22, 2008 - 07:23 PM

No the 03 250 did not have the problems.I would still go with the 04 and up wr450.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.