Canadian/Euro Silencer - need info

7 replies to this topic
  • Ridin'_MD

Posted January 29, 2003 - 07:29 AM

Now that I'm sure that I'll be getting the Canadian/Euro pipe, can anyone give me info about it?

Does anyone have it? How does it perform? I take it that there is no removable baffle?

ANY info would be appreciated. I am hoping not to have to change it out ($$$$).

Thanks, Bud

• WR_Dave

Posted January 29, 2003 - 05:23 PM

Check your PM's. WR Dave

• Stefe9999

Posted January 29, 2003 - 06:59 PM

I have one, and assuming the 450 pipe is mostly the same as the 01 426, here is what you will have. The muffler section is about 2" longer than the US pipe and same diameter. It is completely sealed and has a 1" welded tube in the end of it. This tube extends into the muffler section for a few inches or so. It is stainless and has a nice finish on it. It is VERY quiet, quiter than a US pipe with a Vortip. Unfortunately, it does not have a spark arrestor in it, and therefore is not USFS approved. It is lighter than the US pipe. The header looks about the same as a US, so the US pipe bolted right up to it.

So I could have a spark arrestor, I just picked up a used US pipe and put a Vortip in it. My new jetting works great with either pipe.

Someone posted the blueprint for a cross section of it here several months ago. Shows you everything inside of it.

Hope this helps

• gsxrguy

Posted January 29, 2003 - 07:20 PM

just picked up mine today . it's stainless, all welded and the outlet is about 1 inch. very quiet.i'll be buying a pipe very soon.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted January 29, 2003 - 09:14 PM

I really don't "hate" the Canadian pipe, it's really nice and quiet, but it doesn't have a spark arrestor,it's heavy and restrictive. If you plan on ever going to Gorman or Kennedy meadows you'll get a ticket with that pipe. Even my TI-4 has a spark arrestor. If I'm going to own a "quiet pipe" it should at least be legal...

• WR450

Posted January 29, 2003 - 10:39 PM

We in South Africa also get the euro pipe I think it is disgusting a bit like a scooter pipe.
That is way I have got a T/A Ready to bolt on.

However a friend of mine who is also getting a WR is going to cut off the end piece and shorten the pipe, he will then make two different tips one for racing and one quiet for the bunny huggers.

I will take photos of the process and give you updates if it is a worth while process.

• Ridin'_MD

Posted January 30, 2003 - 07:42 AM

Thanks guys. I would love to see the pictures for the cut off mod. How will he make he new tips? Wish I was a machinist - I'd make my own damn pipe. :)

Thanks again, Bud

• Ridin'_MD

Posted January 30, 2003 - 07:47 AM

I may have to go with the "Q" from FMF

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.