WR450F Airbox lid?

3 replies to this topic
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted January 29, 2003 - 07:06 AM

I took my seat cover off the bike looking for the lid, all I found was a the battery covering the top of the airbox where the old lids used to be. Surely their must be a mod to get more air flow into the airbox, right?

• SMD

Posted January 29, 2003 - 07:12 AM

Dan the twin snorkels just behind the battery slide out. They look like a sleeve.They are held in by the rivets for the battery strap clip.
Carefully pry around the rivets with a flat screw driver and pull out the snorkels.Its a little tricky but they will come out. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • utvols

Posted January 29, 2003 - 07:16 AM

If you look in the opening at the top of the air box you will notice two sleaves refered to as snorkels. Remove your battery from the tray and take a screw driver and pry the two rivets on metal tab for battery strap forward until they clear the snorkel and simply pull snorkel out. This is all the modifying I have done for now. Bike seems to breath fine.

• ThumperWR450F

Posted January 29, 2003 - 11:51 AM

i just took the snorkle out and moved up to a 155 main jet i didn't get a chance to ride it cause it is freezing rain and snow mix. i did notice that the bike idled alot better with just removing the snorkel and jetting up to a 155.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.