Important WR450F Clutch question????

5 replies to this topic
  • Ga426owner

Posted January 29, 2003 - 06:45 AM

As many of you know there are some Clutch issues with the YZ450F. I need owners of the '03 WR450F to verify with their dealers what the "Permanent Remedy that has been incorporated into the beginning of the '03 WR450F production and will be interchangable between 03 WRF & YZF450" is. This is a quote off of the yamaha service bulletin that I have received. The temporary fix is to replace 3 clutch parts & cut off 4mm from the clutch arm. I verified the part # for the YZ450F clutch arm is part# 5TA-16381-00-00. I can not verify WR450F part # as no dealer in this area has 03 WR microfiche. I am wondering if they are indeed the same part # or that maybe the Clutch arm has been modified at the factory already & it carries a different part #, if this is even the permanent fix is another question. Please check with your dealers & post reply. Thanks

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted January 29, 2003 - 06:58 AM

David, Their is more than one way to fix the "problem". The parts you listed sounds like one of the fixes. The other fix doesn't require extra parts just some machine work, this is what I'm going to do tonight with my Yamaha dealer. I will have pictures tomorrow along with a write up.

Dan

• Ga426owner

Posted January 29, 2003 - 07:03 AM

Dan, machine work on what? Please explain. thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jonesy920

Posted January 29, 2003 - 07:25 AM

I think he is talking about drilling out the oil ports from 3mm to 4mm. From previous threads It sounds like the best fix. Or just feathering your clutch every once in a while at constant speeds.

• yamaharichey

Posted January 29, 2003 - 07:56 AM

Maybe I don't know what to look for but I Havn't noticed a clutch problem, I got a hundred miles so far. Exactly what are they doing?

• Rockies_Rider

Posted January 29, 2003 - 09:58 PM

I noticed that you had gone with the RG-3 triple clamp for you WR450 vs: Scott cna you give me a comparision. Have you decided on a stablizer yet? Also, you switched from Worc's frame guards to GYTR. Any worthy differences?

I'm waiting for my WR450 to come in, so I'll getting ready to outfit it with a few necessary items.

Thanks

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.