Whats is the last letter of the stock carb needle?

5 replies to this topic
  • qwik12beat

Posted December 21, 2008 - 10:49 AM

Need to know what the last letter of the stock needle is.:thumbsup: Im rejetting the 07 yz 450

• jacob293

Posted December 21, 2008 - 12:35 PM

look in your manual it tells you what the stock needle number is.

• grayracer513

Posted December 21, 2008 - 02:14 PM

The stock '07 needle is an NFLR. The 4th letter indicates the base diameter of the upper end of the needle, above the taper. That diameter is used to adjust the mixture from off idle to about 1/4 throttle. This works in reverse from a jet size, as the lower the letter, the smaller the diameter, the richer it is, because it takes up less space in the needle jet.

See page 7-7 of your manual.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • qwik12beat

Posted December 21, 2008 - 03:12 PM

I can always count on a great answer from you gray:thumbsup:

• ZéPovinho

Posted December 21, 2008 - 05:03 PM

you could also have used your brains and read the manual. it´s all there!

• qwik12beat

Posted December 21, 2008 - 05:10 PM

Well when i printed my manual it came out in like 4 different languages, and its really a pita to do.?BRAINS?:thinking:what brains?you've never rode with me before:p

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.