Strange sound in rear tire

2 replies to this topic
  • dachrist

Posted July 11, 2002 - 11:38 AM

Last night I was checking my chain for slack, and while rotating the rear tire, I could hear something like rocks or ball bearings rolling around INSIDE the tire. But, I have a tube (of course), so how in the heck would a rock or something (piece of dirt?) get inside the tube? Has anyone ever experienced this before? The tire is holding pressure no problem.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chris_Abel

Posted July 11, 2002 - 12:10 PM

Inside the tube there is often a fine powder that stops the tube sticking when in the packaging this powder may have got damp and formed small balls. But thats just a guess. i don't think its anything to worry about.

• dachrist

Posted July 11, 2002 - 07:16 PM

Cool...thanks man. That is probably it. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how a rock could have gotten inside the tube....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.