450 Jetting

1 reply to this topic
  • Jim_Patterson

Posted January 29, 2003 - 04:57 AM

I am NOT a Jetting expert....but I have a comment. I think it's clear that the bike is lean through the first half of the throttle and possibly more. Much of this may be related to EPA issues. If you look at your owners manual you will see carb specs for Europe which may be a good start for our bikes. Here are examples.

-------------- USA------ EUR

Main------- 150------ 160

Needle---- obdut4------ obduq4

Pilot jet---- 45------ 48

Pilot air---- 70------ 80

Leak jet---- 70------ 50

First what is a leak jet?

These may not be final choices for jetting but it may be a good start. I plan on jetting changes soon. I would appreciate comments on which of these changes should be done if any, or which are the most important or main changes, or other suggestions. I'm at 300-500 elevation, stock muffler with vortex tip, snorkle removed. I know where all but the leak jet go and how to install them, I just don't know what a good starting combination is. Thanks Jim

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • utvols

Posted January 29, 2003 - 05:38 AM

check out my post titled carb jetting report. I am very pleased with the results so far. Hope this helps

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.