Crap Bent WR Plastics...

9 replies to this topic
  • Powerage

Posted December 20, 2008 - 08:22 PM

Story goes something like this, was going down into a left hand off camber corner, front washed out, i go over the right hand side of my bike, top of boot catches on left radiator cover... Below is the result :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Its a real pain, as now it sticks out so far that i cant lift my left leg up off the peg. Tried loosening off all the bolts and trying to refit, no good. Thought that this might have happened to someone before seeing as these plastics seem very soft that they would just bend and stretch like this. Its only my fifth ride on the bike. Maybe heating and bending will fix it? or just best to buy a new radiator cover?

Thanks guys

• brad the best

Posted December 20, 2008 - 08:47 PM

you can try and heat it but i dont think you will fix it .

you can buy ufo plastic for about 25$ its a lot easier .

• justbackitin

Posted December 21, 2008 - 03:11 PM

Are you sure you didn't tweek the radiator?

• Powerage

Posted December 21, 2008 - 11:22 PM

Are you sure you didn't tweek the radiator?

Champion :busted: (dont know why i didnt use my head in the first place :moon: )

Just went out and had a look, and your right, the lefthand radiator brace has a definate kink in it!

Posted Image

Posted Image

It wasnt a high speed getoff, but then what would the radiator have looked like if the braces werent there.

Anyways, ill try and straighten it back out, hopefully the plastic will go back somwhat to its original spot. It is still kinked where my boot grabbed, but at least now i know why my boot got caught on it... Bent Brace!

• matt4x4

Posted December 22, 2008 - 05:35 AM

yes - once you get your rads straight the plastic will follow - actually - you know your rads are straight if the plastic fits.
Any white spots in the plastic can be almost completely removed using a heat gun.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gregwr450f

Posted December 30, 2008 - 11:05 PM

Have you contacted Force?

They have great back up service and it'll well be worth a call.

• Powerage

Posted December 30, 2008 - 11:16 PM

Nah, never went that far... simply removed the brace at the back, straightened it out with the hammer and reassembled... Pretty much as good as new.

Not bagging out the guards, but just seemed the bent a little too easy, but like i said, better than broken radiators!!

Cheers!

• Powerage

Posted January 03, 2009 - 10:50 PM

Well, Force is going to replace the brace with a new one... What fantastic aftersales support? Its a nice thing when companys stand by their products like this.

Cheers to FORCE ACCESSORIES! :thinking:

• Ricktc

Posted January 04, 2009 - 11:00 AM

I had the same thing happen to me when i went down 3rd gear on my wr250, same kink and everything, just had to straighten the rad mount and I was good to go.

-Rick

• gregwr450f

Posted January 05, 2009 - 12:44 PM

Well, Force is going to replace the brace with a new one... What fantastic aftersales support? Its a nice thing when companys stand by their products like this.

Cheers to FORCE ACCESSORIES! :thinking:

:smirk: nice one!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.