Any Kiwi or Aussi WR450 sightings yet?

5 replies to this topic
  • KiwiThumper

Posted January 28, 2003 - 06:07 PM

Having all you guys ride your bikes, sure is frustrating down under ....
The demo ones which came over seem to have disappeared even.

Any news would be appreciated.
Dean

• blue_beast_wins

Posted January 28, 2003 - 06:47 PM

Not until late march apparently :)

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted January 28, 2003 - 09:54 PM

Yep, i've been told probably late March, early April.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KiwiThumper

Posted January 29, 2003 - 03:40 PM

Wow, dont you just love dealers, mine is still saying end of Feb, beginning of March. Why do I get the distinct feeling it will be in April :)

• oztrailrider

Posted January 29, 2003 - 10:08 PM

I have also been hounding the two yamaha dealers we have here on the Gold Coast. One says end of Feb, the other says Feb/March. Australasian Dirt Bike mag says to expect them to be on dealer floors at the end of March. Who knows? all I know is that I cant wait for mine! it is getting frustrating.

• KiwiThumper

Posted January 31, 2003 - 11:36 AM

I rang my dealer yesterday and he said they are at least 4 week away. They get notification of delivery 4 weeks prior, and so far nothing is coming down from above.

What he did though is nothing short of amazing, in that he has lent me a 01' WR426 till my 450 comes in !!!!!! :)
Man did that make me a happy camper.
So if you're in Wellington, NZ have a chat with Brendon at Sawyer Motorcycles ,service excellence at its best.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.