Can I revalve my own suspension?

4 replies to this topic
  • armourbl

Posted July 11, 2002 - 06:11 AM

I purchased Bambislayer's stock YZ426 suspension valves figuring that I could install them myself into my WR250F with the help of a local guy. Turns out the local guy can't do suspension revalve because he doesn't have the tools.

So, is this beyond my ability. I can do and have done just about everything else to my bike short of pulling the motor apart.

Can anyone tell my Motoman's website address?

Are there any Phoenix area riders who could assist me with this?

• Alain

Posted July 11, 2002 - 10:42 AM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chris_Abel

Posted July 11, 2002 - 12:15 PM

Don't try it without the corect tools, for the sake of $70 its worth having it done properly by a profesional.

• brewster

Posted July 11, 2002 - 07:45 PM

Learn how to do it yourself!! I used the video tape sold by Eric Gorr. I believe that the only special tool you will need is the cartridge holder. I ordered one through my local shop for about $40. It's not that difficult!
Ride on

• armourbl

Posted July 12, 2002 - 08:09 AM

Where is a good place to get the video?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.