will it fit? (04 cams & ignition module on 08 450F)

2 replies to this topic
  • DMC707

Posted December 18, 2008 - 09:38 PM

Having a conversation with the gentleman who did my suspension about extra snap for my bike -- (already has a Dr D to replace the stock exhaust)

He advised not to mess with the variable ignitions and try to find out if an 04 ign. box and cams would fit ( he is not specifically a Yammie mech and did not know the answer)

---- If not, does the aftermarket make a camset and ignition box that is close to the '04 profile? i have looked at the Tokyo Mods box, but too many choices may be too confusing (4 or 5 different ignition curves to choose from with those)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rickallen124

Posted December 18, 2008 - 09:55 PM

The ignition from an 04 will not fit the 08 as the plug is completly different. Vortex ignitions will give you a very wide range of adjustments. You can get one that has mx/sx maps or one that has mx/trail maps. The motor was redesigned in 06 so I'd be supprised if the cams would fit. Tokyo mods, crower power and web cams all make different cams for the 08 depending on what your looking for. I know that web cams has a torque cam that langston used in his bike for great low end gains. Hope that helps.

• grayracer513

Posted December 18, 2008 - 10:15 PM

The cams will fit, but I wouldn't go that route if it were mine. Try the '06 exhaust cam by itself, and forget what your mechanic said about the variable ignitions. Look into a MSD ignition.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.