Trail Tech Endurance Computer

15 replies to this topic
  • fastmonstr

Posted July 11, 2002 - 04:46 AM

I just recieved one from Rocky Mountain. I was expecting the Panoram model. Does anybody know the difference from the two models??

• fastmonstr

Posted July 11, 2002 - 05:11 AM

Trail Tech responded to my email in about 10 minutes. Way Cool.

Here is their answer:

The following changes were implemented on the Endurance computer:

Increment and decrement the trip distance for Enduros and Dual Sport rides. 2x faster speed readings Brighter Backlight Scratch Resistant Screen Increased case strength
Increased max speed to 199 mph
New Hard Gold Contacts
New contact design to resist vibration
some proprietary changes

Regards,

TrailTech
23712 NE Canyon Loop
Battle Ground, WA 98604
360-687-4530
Fax 928-438-5760
www.trailtech.net

• Bryan Bosch

Posted July 11, 2002 - 05:28 AM

Originally posted by fastmonstr:
I just recieved one from Rocky Mountain. I was expecting the Panoram model. Does anybody know the difference from the two models??

How much did you pay?

Check out this link (TT Store)

• fastmonstr

Posted July 11, 2002 - 05:44 AM

They were the same price.Including the billet mount. I also ordered several other items at the same time from Rocky Mountain.I've alway had good luck with them.

• Bryan Bosch

Posted July 11, 2002 - 05:53 AM

They were the same price.Including the billet mount. I also ordered several other items at the same time from Rocky Mountain.I've alway had good luck with them.

$69.99 for the computer AND billet protector?

• fastmonstr

Posted July 11, 2002 - 06:26 AM

No, the billet protector was 44.95.

• Bryan Bosch

Posted July 11, 2002 - 06:58 AM

No, the billet protector was 44.95.

Cool. I just wanted to make sure we are in line in terms of price.

Please remember when you buy in future that every dollar you spend with TT will get pumped right back into the developement of thumpertalk.com. :)

Enjoy your Trailtech Panoram! They are great!

Bryan

• PumpkinHumper

Posted July 11, 2002 - 07:02 AM

I just e-mailed trailtech about my older style computer. They said that for $20 + $6 shipping they will upgrade your computer with the newer mods.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cooperjmm

Posted July 11, 2002 - 06:19 PM

I bought the Panoram from Walmart for $29.00. The only thing I had to do was increase the length of the sensor wire. It is the same computer that Trail Tech sells except the pickup sensor. Ive had no problems out of my setup.

• freestyle111

Posted July 11, 2002 - 06:56 PM

i went thru 5 panorams in a year.last time i sent mine back[4 months ago]they sent me endurance model and i havent had any problems since.its not only more durable but speed is calulated almost instantly.with my panoram there was about a 2sec delay from actual speed.but the endurance speed updates almost instantly.i made some negative comments about the trailtech computer in the past but after using there new version i must admit im very happy with my trailtech endurance computer.my only complaint would be that the light for display screen only stays lit for 5 secs.i wish there was a way to make it stay on for longer period of time.i ride at night a lot and have to keep hitting light button to see my speed.

• yamaha.dude

Posted July 11, 2002 - 07:54 PM

One question I have... Is it possible to use the billet mount with a scotts damper/triple clamp setup o does it go forward and rise enough? What about the attachment points...

TIA,

David

• Bryan Bosch

Posted July 12, 2002 - 03:07 PM

Originally posted by cooperjmm:
I bought the Panoram from Walmart for $29.00. The only thing I had to do was increase the length of the sensor wire. It is the same computer that Trail Tech sells except the pickup sensor. Ive had no problems out of my setup.

Sorry, not true. Panoram is a model of computer manufactured by Topeak Inc. The TrailTech Panoram is manufactured by Topeak to TrailTech specifications, specifically for off-road applications. It is more durable and has features that the bicycle unit at Walmart does not have such as:

1. Programmable lubrication and maintenance reminders with visual prompts for bike 1 and bike 2.

2. Incrementing and decrementing (for Enduros or Dual Sport rides).

3. Gold contacts and more rugged design.

4. One year warranty from TrailTech

The TrailTech sensor head is awesome and critical to a solid, reliable unit. They also ship with a custom rotor-bolt magnet this doens't come off.

Yes, you can fudge the Walmart bicyle unit to work however, don't be fooled. It is NOT the same.

Cheers!

Bryan

• omnivortex

Posted July 14, 2002 - 07:20 PM

I have the billet mount with the Scotts damper and it works fine. YOu just mount the damper backwards...

• yamaha.dude

Posted July 15, 2002 - 12:21 AM

Cool, thanks, I have the Link Arm Puller, So I can make that mod easy enough...

Cheers,

David

• XRider

Posted July 15, 2002 - 04:27 AM

my only complaint would be that the light for display screen only stays lit for 5 secs.i wish there was a way to make it stay on for longer period of time.i ride at night a lot and have to keep hitting light button to see my speed.

Same thing here, the light should stay on longer. By the time you take you eye off the road, one hand off the bars to push the button, you don’t have time to keep looking at the display because you have to look back at the road. I don’t want to go straight when the road takes a curve.

• freestyle111

Posted July 20, 2002 - 12:50 PM

here is my suggestion for light.i have a watch that if you hold light button for 5secs. light stays on until i turn it off.[turns off same way it was turned on.hold light button for 5secs].

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.