fork oil amount?

7 replies to this topic
  • minty0_10

Posted December 18, 2008 - 01:50 PM

done a seal change on my 04 450 wr local dealer says litre of oil is plenty for both forks?

• SJMC_DON

Posted December 18, 2008 - 01:57 PM

done a seal change on my 04 450 wr local dealer says litre of oil is plenty for both forks?

I don't think it is... I don't know if we get litres or quarts here in the US but I remeber both forks taking more than one bottle...

• tribalbc

Posted December 18, 2008 - 04:33 PM

I can just do both my forks with a litre :thumbsup:
07 wr450

• GCannon

Posted December 18, 2008 - 04:44 PM

I must be Fat because mine took just alittle bit more than one

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tribalbc

Posted December 18, 2008 - 05:08 PM

Yeah but you guys probably get quarts which are like 9/10's of a litre.

• doctorchopper

Posted December 19, 2008 - 03:08 AM

Just did mine not too long ago and it took 1 litre and a bit, but they are 48mm forks not sure if there is much differance in the 46mm

• SJMC_DON

Posted December 19, 2008 - 09:47 AM

I also run mine at the highest level per the range dictated in the manual so it may take just more than one bottle... and I think we get litres here in the US.

I'd get two bottles, it always seems to me that one seal will start leaking again before the other and I routinely just do one fork as needed.

• minty0_10

Posted December 20, 2008 - 02:12 AM

well finished doing my seals not sure about the measurements in the us if there different to over here in the uk?
so if anyone needed to know i put 550 mill in both forks (04 model single chamber)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.