Really quick question. Help me out please!

3 replies to this topic
  • crakey

Posted December 18, 2008 - 01:45 PM

Hi guys! I have a 99 WR400 and I cannot get the carb to stop pouring gas. I have removed the float bowl and cleaned all pieces, but it is still leaking when I hold the float up and turn on the gas. It was originally leaking from the flange where it bolts onto the carb, but I have another gasket on the way.
- The brass piece that the float pin rides inside of has a (it looks like a permanant, non-flexible) gasket on the outside, and the inside where the float pin seats looks good. It does some (VERY LITTLE) play in it when it is installed...I have a feeling that this is the problem. Is there anyway to break off the non-flexible gasket and install a regular O-ring to tighen this up, or is this even the problem?
-The float pin looks like it is in perfect shape.

QUESTION FOR EVERYONE:

Is there a gasket that is supposed to be on the inside of the brass needle float seat (the brass piece that the float needle rides inside of)? I didn't see one when I removed the bowl, and I don't see one on a breakdown sheet... but it would help to seal the float bowl becuase right now the "float needle" simply seats against the raw brass when closed (and leaking).

Thanks in advance for the assistance, Merry Christmas to everyone!

• William1

Posted December 18, 2008 - 02:27 PM

There is also a oring/gasket used with the float needle seat. These tend to go bad before the float needle or seat does.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted December 18, 2008 - 04:49 PM

Posted Image

In this diagram, it is inclued in #24 (Filter screen-oring/gasket-needle seat-needle-retaining clip)
SKU: 5BE-14107-00-00 NEEDLE VALVE SET

Though I have heard it is available sperately, just does show in the fiche for your bike but the same carb is used on many bikes formany years and I am sure someone has the part number for just the oring/gasket. I am sure GrayRacer knows. PM him.

• grayracer513

Posted December 18, 2008 - 10:12 PM

Can't help with that one, really. The O-ring isn't listed separately anywhere that I know of, other than possibly Sudco. The trouble there is that they have a $25 minimum order

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.