06 Wr 450

6 replies to this topic
  • keano1066

Posted December 18, 2008 - 09:07 AM

hi,i just bought an 06 wr 450 it has no mods to it other than the exhaust muffler has been removed and the bigger jet that comes with the bike(not sure of the size)has been put in.it has no running problems but i noticed the exhaust header glows orange is this normal?thanks for the help.

• markseaba

Posted December 18, 2008 - 09:41 AM

how long is it running prior to it getting hot and does this happen only sitting or when riding.

• keano1066

Posted December 18, 2008 - 10:06 AM

i suppose about after 5 mins of ridding.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Charles De Mar

Posted December 18, 2008 - 03:07 PM

It's probably too lean.

• markseaba

Posted December 18, 2008 - 03:26 PM

I agree with Mr. De Mar, probably too lean. I was asking the questions to see if it got hot just sitting there. The 4t's will get hot sitting rather fast, but if this is riding then too lean.
Search in this forum for more info, I think it is there

• Charles De Mar

Posted December 18, 2008 - 03:43 PM

I recommend the YZ needles over the JD needles if you are thinking about messing with them. JMO:thumbsup:

• ANTBREON

Posted December 18, 2008 - 06:11 PM

HEADDER GLOWING IS SOMEWHAT NORMAL but still could be lean the pea shooter tip should be removed by drilling the rivits ...not the whole tip and spark arerestor grey wire and throddle stop is huge ...they are really lean from the factory for emissions ... i did the jd to a t and it worked out well 4 me

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.