What's It Worth?

5 replies to this topic
  • cltrobd

Posted December 16, 2008 - 07:45 PM

I've got a 2006 WR450F that I bought new from the dealership. I've ridden it about 10 times. I am thinking about selling it. What is the bike worth? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted December 16, 2008 - 07:58 PM

I've got a 2006 WR450F that I bought new from the dealership. I've ridden it about 10 times. I am thinking about selling it. What is the bike worth? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3300 if you lucky

• brad the best

Posted December 17, 2008 - 01:49 AM

3300 if you lucky

dahm , ill buy it for 3300 $ and sell my 03 for 4000 $ i guess things are a little more expensive up in canada .

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • doctorchopper

Posted December 17, 2008 - 12:34 PM

you should try Ireland if you think Canada is expensive, just saw a plated 05 450 listed for 4500 euro at todays exchange rate thats 7750 CAD, he's deffinetly over priced should sell for around 3500 euro

• BajaFool

Posted December 17, 2008 - 05:40 PM

Go to the Kelly Blue Book site http://www.kbb.com. Scroll down the left-hand side to motorcycles, then follow the instructions.

Figure a good price is about half way between retail and trade-in for a really clean motorcycle. Clean means new plastic or like new used plastic, low miles, mechanically sound, good tires and immaculately clean. I sold a spotless 2006 WR450F, low miles with many extras here in San Diego, CA to the first guy who actually had money for $3,900, with an asking price of $4,000. The bike had a trade-in value of $3,200 and a retail value of $4,500, not including a $1,000 in accessories. I had many calls and emails from interested people after it sold also.

Don't get hung up on the value of significant extras, they are worth about $.20 on the retail dollar, when calculating your asking price. Advertise in Cycle Trader, Craigs List and ThumperTalk. I had calls or emails from all three places. I even received several emails from high officials in the Nigerian government :thumbsup: .

Finally, You can over price the bike, hoping for a fool to show interest, and sit waiting for the phone calls that never come or you can price the bike to sell and soon have the pleasure of watching the bike roll down your driveway and into the back of the new owner's pickup truck , your decision.

• cltrobd

Posted December 17, 2008 - 09:07 PM

Go to the Kelly Blue Book site http://www.kbb.com. Scroll down the left-hand side to motorcycles, then follow the instructions.

Figure a good price is about half way between retail and trade-in for a really clean motorcycle. Clean means new plastic or like new used plastic, low miles, mechanically sound, good tires and immaculately clean. I sold a spotless 2006 WR450F, low miles with many extras here in San Diego, CA to the first guy who actually had money for $3,900, with an asking price of $4,000. The bike had a trade-in value of $3,200 and a retail value of $4,500, not including a $1,000 in accessories. I had many calls and emails from interested people after it sold also.

Don't get hung up on the value of significant extras, they are worth about $.20 on the retail dollar, when calculating your asking price. Advertise in Cycle Trader, Craigs List and ThumperTalk. I had calls or emails from all three places. I even received several emails from high officials in the Nigerian government :thumbsup: .

Finally, You can over price the bike, hoping for a fool to show interest, and sit waiting for the phone calls that never come or you can price the bike to sell and soon have the pleasure of watching the bike roll down your driveway and into the back of the new owner's pickup truck , your decision.

Thanks for the help and the link. This bike is basically new. I changed the oil three times since owning it, greased everything according to the advice on TT and it's not only been stored inside, it's been in my house because it wouldn't fit in the garage! I knew I would take a hit from what I paid but I thought it would be worse than what everyone's replied.

The reason I'm considering selling is economy related. I bought this bike with keeping it for many years in mind. It is a great bike - one of the best I've ever owned! If I have to sell the bike, it will be very difficult to part with.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.