Silly Tire Question

1 reply to this topic
  • dangler

Posted January 28, 2003 - 08:19 AM


Just wondering how/where the mags get the raised yellow lettering on the tires they have in their photo shoots....Is that painted on? Or can you order tires like that? If they actually spend the time to hand paint them, is there a specific "tire paint" that will last a while?Just wondering, looks pretty nice IMO...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MOmilkman

Posted January 28, 2003 - 08:35 AM


Theres a marker/pen that you can buy that stencils in the yellow.
Im not sure where to get one but I have seen them in Dirt Rider for sale before.
From what I heard its not worth the effort. One ride and its gone.
Its more for looks in the photo shoots I think. Im sure Dunlop hands them out free so everyone sees what tire is on the bike.


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.