WR450 Ignition Switch Removal?

3 replies to this topic
  • TexasThumper

Posted January 28, 2003 - 08:06 AM

Has anyone looked into removing the ignition on/off button? If you wanted to put a number plate on in place off the headlight, and did not want to keep this switch there, is it possible to do away with it all together?

The KTM's have no switch just like the YZ. If you hit the e-button they start, and when you hit the kill button they are dead, no battery drain. This seems simpler, less stuff to break/get mud and water in, forget to turn off, etc...

Just a thought. Let me know what you think, are what you have found.

Thanks. :)

• TexasThumper

Posted January 28, 2003 - 03:34 PM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted January 28, 2003 - 07:33 PM

Tex, I'm with you... I want it off too.

• KiwiThumper

Posted January 29, 2003 - 06:00 PM

Texas/Dan, have you tried to measure the voltage on the battery with swith off and then on. If there is no drop at all (I guess an ampmeter would be better to check for a current draw) then surely it could be just bypassed ....

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.