used wr426 mods
Posted December 16, 2008 - 07:15 AM
Posted December 16, 2008 - 04:54 PM
1. Change the throttle stop to ZY.
2. Remove the exhaust baffle and replace with a PMB or Yamaha insert.
3. Remove the air cleaner cover.
4. Search on the YZ timing or auto-decompression cam.
5. Probably go up a size on the Main.
6. Search for the Grey Wire mod.
Do this things and your WR will almost make YZ power.
Posted December 17, 2008 - 09:25 AM
1. read stickies at top of this forum
2. perform free mods to your 426
3. Tune Accelerator pump system using the vast resource of info on this forum
4. jet carburetor for your altitude and temp refer to jetting data base for starting point
5. Very carefully tune your idle mixture for easier starting.
6. service all bearings
7. start thinking about customizing your suspension.