Rejetted my WR450

4 replies to this topic
  • yamaharichey

Posted January 27, 2003 - 04:24 PM

O.K. Guys, I just finished rejetting my WR450, wow what a difference! I changed the pilot jet from a 45 to a 48, changed the main jet from a 150 to a 155 (that came with the bike,)and I raised the needle one clip. I'am at 4500ft. and now it starts cold, full choke no throttle, instantly. No hesitation or backfiring and the low end power is even better. I ran it up and down the street to warm it up, then started it several times, its starts instantly with no throttle. I cruised along at a slow steady speed and it was smooth as silk. it is now the most perfect off road bike ever built!

• utvols

Posted January 27, 2003 - 04:31 PM

Did you check your acc. pump timing when you had the carb off? Just curious how long a squirt your getting. I went to a 48 pilot and 160 main and did the grey wire mod. Bike runs much better but still a little hesitant starting without slight crack of the throttle. My acc. pump was a little less than one second and I timed it back to one second. Also were you starting bike in nuetral or in gear? I am trying to figure if it is worth doing the blue wire mod as my bike kick starts fine first kick every time.

Thanks for the info

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • brebro

Posted January 27, 2003 - 04:48 PM

Do you recall where you have your air screw?

• allinson

Posted January 27, 2003 - 04:49 PM

are you saying there is a gery wire modification on the wr450?

• utvols

Posted January 27, 2003 - 04:53 PM

With stock jetting I had it all the way past 3 turns with no improvement. After jetting I set it at 1&3/4 turns out. Yes there is a grey wire and it did not effect the bike running. It will be a couple of days before I ride again to tell if it improved anything.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.