oil strainer tightening pressure???

1 reply to this topic
  • yamahasocal450

Posted January 27, 2003 - 03:47 PM

i gotta new wr450f and im going to break it in on the weekend but i was looking at how to change the oil and on step 7 it says to install the oil strainer (frame) after cleaning and tight to !!90Nm(65 ft-lbs)!! that seems really high for a part like that ... so has anyone with a yz450f or a wr450f tighten the oil strainer to that torque and have no problems??? :D :D :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted January 27, 2003 - 04:09 PM

DO NOT TORQUE TO 65 FT. LBS I followed the manual word for word and I stripped out the strainer bolt. I had to chase the frame threads with a tap and get a new strainer bolt. The dealer gave me the striner because they said it was a misprint. I finally just hand tightened it and will probably never look in there again.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.