07 update questions..

No replies to this topic
  • Dicko187

Posted December 13, 2008 - 08:12 PM

So I've finally decided to update my 07 instead of selling it after 2 seasons and about 50 crashes.
I want to try and make the power smoother and the suspension and handling better so I can do more than just 10 - 15 minute motos on it without feeling like my arms are 2 inches longer...and plus, I want it to look good again :thumbsup:

So far I've put a 'Doug Henry' GYTR white/red/black sticker kit on it aswell as a GYTR Black gripper seat cover, ProCircuit T4 Slip on muffler, R&D adjustable leak jet and a ProCircuit Fuel screw.

I'm in the process of sorting out my wheels to be anodised black, making a few little bits and pieces, getting my suspension completely sorted out once and for all by a proper suspension tuner and having the motor and jetting checked out by a mechanic as i just don't have time to do that sort of stuff at the moment.

I was just wondering what weight flywheel would anyone recomend? The 4.9kg or 6.15kg GYTR Flywheel kit?
And seeing as I already have a GYTR billet top tripple clamp so I've been searching for a GYTR bottom billet tripple clamp but the cheapest i can find one is around the $600Aus mark. So I've changed that plan and I'm thinking of getting a 22.5mm offset ProTaper Clamp kit. Does anyone recomend these or are that no good?
Or is there anything else anyone recomends I should do to it?

All up I'm looking at spending around $1500 on the bike over the next month or 2 so I want to spend my money wisely so that whatever it is I buy will last me until my next bike when ever that may be.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.