WR450 rejetted carb and adjusted?

2 replies to this topic
  • WR250fla

Posted January 27, 2003 - 12:19 PM

I was wondering what carb adjustments have worked best so far? My bike like all the others, seems to be running lean.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • utvols

Posted January 27, 2003 - 04:18 PM

I put a #160 main, #48 pilot and set the air screw at 1&3/4 turns out plus did the grey wire mod. The bike is much crisper now but still is iffy on starting with e-start. I still have to crack the throttle and then it fires right off. I have not kicked it yet to see how that does. I had the bike up on my lift and decided to change the oil only to discover that my filter is wrong size. Yam. changed the filter from the 426. As soon as I get the filter I will give you more details.

• Alabama_Rider

Posted January 27, 2003 - 07:46 PM

Hey WR, How about a ride report on your new bike? Do you like it?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.