Are these pro bends with u-clamp?????

8 replies to this topic
  • S1rst

Posted December 13, 2008 - 04:05 AM

As above, they dont seem to look like the others ive seen????? Are they an old style????? More importantly, would these fit my 08 WR450???? Cheers.

Posted Image

• byggd

Posted December 13, 2008 - 04:14 AM

They look like the same pro bends ones I have. They will pretty much any bike with some patience but you need to know which size clamps they come with that attach to the handle bars.

• S1rst

Posted December 13, 2008 - 04:58 AM

Cheers mate, yes he says there for pro tapers but its just the clamps look different to some other U-clamps ive seen so thought they may be the older style maybe?

• tweav

Posted December 13, 2008 - 05:49 AM

yes the clamps in those are the old style . I have a set of those on my 07 . I'm sure they will fit your o8

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bg10459

Posted December 13, 2008 - 05:54 AM

Cheers mate, yes he says there for pro tapers but its just the clamps look different to some other U-clamps ive seen so thought they may be the older style maybe?

They're Pro Bends, but those are not U clamps, they're right fit clamps.

right fit

u clamp

• BajaFool

Posted December 13, 2008 - 10:59 AM

Cycra probend hand guards for Yamaha http://viewer.zmags....=dgqgp#/page52/

• S1rst

Posted December 13, 2008 - 11:22 AM

Thanks. :thumbsup: So are they actually inferior in any way to the U-clamps, being an old style???

tweav, did you have any fitment issues with them and are the bars actually on line with the brake/clutch levers as i cant tell in the picture. It looks like the mounts are almost touching the cables so theres no way of lining the hand guard bars up with the levers???

• tweav

Posted December 13, 2008 - 01:20 PM

Thanks. :thumbsup: So are they actually inferior in any way to the U-clamps, being an old style???

tweav, did you have any fitment issues with them and are the bars actually on line with the brake/clutch levers as i cant tell in the picture. It looks like the mounts are almost touching the cables so theres no way of lining the hand guard bars up with the levers???

yes the cables are nearly touching . I could get a little more room with the u-clamps ,but that's where I like my controls to be set , so for me the newer clamps would be better . If I remember right I think I may have bent the banjo end on the brake line down some .

Posted Image

• Stroker06

Posted December 14, 2008 - 11:20 AM

I am considering the PRO BENDS as well, but off subject, what kind of bar clamps are those? They look like what I've been looking for to raise mine about an inch without having to get a taller bend bar. Also on the clamps will they work with the stock triple clamps, I noticed you have Applied ones.
Thanks, Stroker06

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.