Leak Down Tester

4 replies to this topic
  • CuLayTur

Posted January 27, 2003 - 09:05 AM

Does anybody have any plans (or know of plans) to create a Home-made Leak down tester? The one I found at motion-pro was WAY to expensive to buy for such minimal use.

Thanks,
Curt

• tc66nova

Posted January 27, 2003 - 03:44 PM

I don't know what you consider to expensive but JEG'S or Summit racing equipment have them for 69 bucks. The dual guage set up is easy to use. The valving requires an orifice that is critical as far as dimensions so it would make building your own a trial and error deal at best. I bought mine at Summit Racing and am very happy with it. You will need to make an adapter for it to fit the threads in your YZ motor though. I happened to teach machining at a vocational school so the adapter was no big deal.

Terry C

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CuLayTur

Posted January 27, 2003 - 08:33 PM

Now that's a good price. Motion Pro wanted $187 for their set..

Thanks,
Curt

• TooFast

Posted January 28, 2003 - 10:17 AM

Can you measure the orofice diameter and post it?

• sabin

Posted January 29, 2003 - 10:14 PM

What reading do you get on your bike and how do you measure(hot, cold...) I got 7% leak on my WR with 10000km(~6000ml) cold. I'm wandering what will get from just broken in engine???

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.