01yz426 susp. fit on 06wr450?

7 replies to this topic
  • jhmotard

Posted December 11, 2008 - 01:40 PM

first off my 06 wr450 is motarded and the suspension is too soft for me...i weigh 170

second, i have a line on forks, triples, and rear shock from a 01yz426. can these triples fit on my 06wr450??? would it be worth the swap???

PLEASE let me know!

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted December 11, 2008 - 03:58 PM

first off my 06 wr450 is motarded and the suspension is too soft for me...i weigh 170

second, i have a line on forks, triples, and rear shock from a 01yz426. can these triples fit on my 06wr450??? would it be worth the swap???

PLEASE let me know!

i think it will change over. But why would you want to do this. You would be going from the 48mm 06 cartridge fork to the 46mm open bath forks.

If you get both sets of forks revalved, then you would notice how much nicer the larger wr forks will be.

I have situation on my 01 yz250 and my 05 wr450.

Send your forks to Dave and smartperformance (www.smartperformanceinc.com). He's the cheapest suspension guy you will find. He's also quite good!

• jhmotard

Posted December 12, 2008 - 05:16 AM

the thing is i really need something stiffer for my motard and i can't justify spending more on a revalve/respring when i can buy a whole yz setup cheaper.

i dont know what the difference is between open bath and cartridge forks...haha

so i'm assuming that this wouldnt be a worthy swap?? i just need something stiffer

• Sierra_rider

Posted December 12, 2008 - 12:53 PM

The 06 suspension has way more potential than the stuff from 01. The revalve is worth the money.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jhmotard

Posted December 12, 2008 - 03:06 PM

hrmmm what would be cheaper a revalve or a yz450 setup?? (not sure what years fit)

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted December 15, 2008 - 12:41 AM

revalve is always better. But you can make a huge differene in stiffness just by changing the springs.

What makes you think the forks are too soft. I can usually tell when the rear is out of whack before the forks.

• jhmotard

Posted December 15, 2008 - 05:26 AM

i bottom out on the jumps
its squirrely in corners
im 175 with gear and all clickers 2-3 from all the way in and 1.5 turns out on the highspeed shock setting

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted December 17, 2008 - 06:46 AM

what springs are currently there? You may simply start with new springs. That's $200.

Go to www.racetech.com and figure out what springs you need for your weight and type of riding. There's a lot more to setting up your suspension. But all bets are off if you don't have the correct spring. Its where you start...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.