Jim Patterson dual sport lightning

3 replies to this topic
  • Math

Posted January 27, 2003 - 05:46 AM

Hey Jim,

Could you post again the address of the picture of your now sold WR426 and tell us were did you purchase those "inside- the-handguard" flashers :). Or maybe these are just reflectors...? I had never seen some like yours

Thank you very much :D

• PumpkinHumper

Posted January 27, 2003 - 07:55 AM

Acerbis makes handguards with blinkers in them.

handguard link

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jim_Patterson

Posted January 27, 2003 - 09:56 AM

These guards were a special model of UFO. I don't recommend them. They do not have an aluminum re-inforcing bar so the don't offer very good protection. Acerbis has a version that has the bar I believe, but the lens is not what I was looking for but the may be good for you. I changed to rally pro guards with Cycra plastic guards. I made my own front turn signals with some 2 inch wide aluminum stock (home Depot) and small side marker lights from Murrays auto mounted onto the aluminum. I attached them using the lower bolt of the upper triple clamp. They look good and are out of the way and protected.
Click on the URL below this post to see the original guards you asked about that were on my 426.

• Math

Posted January 27, 2003 - 10:13 AM

Thanks Jim,

Very helpful. In fact I already have the Baja kit + EE handguards. But my riding partner just bought a xr650r and we were trying to find what could be the best kit to turn his red beast into a "street legal" red beast. We think aluminium handguards are essentials so we won't choose what was on your now sold 426.

Thanks also to YZMAN400 for the info provided.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.