'04 450 22.5 triple clamps

2 replies to this topic
  • moto543

Posted December 10, 2008 - 08:15 AM

Any one have advice on '04 YZ450 triple clamps? I'm thinking of switching to a 22.5 applied clamp to help with the steering. What about Tri Star or RG3?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted December 10, 2008 - 08:50 AM

Based on my experience with 22.5's on an '03, my advice is not to do it. If you do, plan on buying a steering stabilizer.

The bike was easier to turn in at low speeds, but it didn't push any less, and was nervous and squirrely at the front end at speed to the point of being evil. Better off with a top clamp for fat bars and Storm link for handling. Opinions will vary, of course, but that's mine.

• devo1

Posted December 10, 2008 - 01:39 PM

A buddy with a 05 Yz 450 and I have those clamps and just love them. It gives you the ability to pick any line you want in a corner. No stability issues here. Get the rubber handlebar mounts. It was the best thing I ever did to my bike.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.