Dr. D exhaust

13 replies to this topic
  • hillclimbguy

Posted December 09, 2008 - 10:19 PM

Just found a used Dr. D exhaust on craigs list for my sons bike. He trashed his head pipe. The whole Dr. D exhaust was cheaper than buying a new head pipe. Just wondering if anybody runs this exhaust. Its the SS complete w/no sparky. He's young and wants all the power he can get his hands on. Thanks.

• Justin89

Posted December 09, 2008 - 11:13 PM

Just wondering if anybody runs this exhaust.

O yea, people run this exhaust!:thumbsup: :smirk: Expect very impressive gains with this exhaust. They are pretty fairly priced compared to others:ride:

• Mighty_Whitey

Posted December 09, 2008 - 11:34 PM

That's a good decision.

I've been running DRD's exhaust systems on all of my race bikes for the past 4 years. The thing that makes DRD the best choice around is a accumulation of performance, quality and customer support. I understand Doug Dubach has deep connections with factory Yamaha and may be the most informed and capable pipe builder for Yamaha's on the market.

Just like Ross Maeda at ENZO suspension is the Kayaba suspension guru, Dubach is the Yamaha exhaust guru, there is a lot to be said about that. :thumbsup:

MW

• hillclimbguy

Posted December 09, 2008 - 11:44 PM

Thanks. Jr. will be glad to hear this. He's already so excited about going out on Sunday to try the exhaust.

• kylwk1500

Posted December 10, 2008 - 05:29 AM

man the dr. d system rocks on the yami's. my bro runs it. very impressed. just jet correct and your set. You can also run the radiator lowering kit. helps with cornering a bit

• grayracer513

Posted December 10, 2008 - 07:56 AM

We run DRD SS systems on both bikes and are very pleased with them. We run sparkys, since they're required by the rules. DRD sells a kit to convert his non-sparky mufflers, too, if that becomes an issue. We run 45/165/stock needle in 4 just about everywhere in SoCal.

One thing: the genuine DRD packing kits seem expensive, but they are definitely worth it. They last longer than loose packing, are are enormously easier to use.

• jeffboyd47m

Posted December 10, 2008 - 08:06 AM

One thing: the genuine DRD packing kits seem expensive, but they are definitely worth it. They last longer than loose packing, are are enormously easier to use.

DRD has a new and improved packing kit that greatly increase's the life of the packing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mighty_Whitey

Posted December 10, 2008 - 10:12 AM

DRD's packing:

They last longer than loose packing, are are enormously easier to use

100% agreed. Comparing a pillow pack pipe change to some of the other brands i've seen is :thumbsup: compared to :smirk:

MW

• DMC707

Posted December 10, 2008 - 12:13 PM

I like my Dr D exhaust as well. I also like the stocker for different reasons -- but the Dr D really helps the midrange , which is where the stocker suffers

• jeepcj776

Posted December 10, 2008 - 01:03 PM

I bought my bike with the drd and would not change it to anything else
I love it

• hillclimbguy

Posted December 10, 2008 - 10:11 PM

I removed the end cap this morning and installed a screen we had from another muffler. Luckily it fit. Now we legal. We'll run this system on Sunday. Jr is all excited about Sunday.
Thanks all for you input. Sounds like money well spent. I'll have to keep my eyes open for another deal.

• hillclimbguy

Posted December 15, 2008 - 10:12 PM

Wow, what a difference. Jr put some serious trail miles on the new exhaust. Nothing but good things to say about the used exhaust system. Tried with and without the screen. Noticeable difference without the screen, but to be legal we run the SA. Thanks for all replies.

• grayracer513

Posted December 16, 2008 - 05:52 AM

Tried with and without the screen. Noticeable difference without the screen, but to be legal we run the SA. Thanks for all replies.

We run the DRD stainless with the DRD sparkies, and there is no detectable performance change with/without it.

• Wiz636

Posted December 16, 2008 - 07:13 AM

DRD has a new and improved packing kit that greatly increase's the life of the packing.

I just changed mine out last night and it was far and away the fastest, easiest, and cleanest repack I've ever done. :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.