stock digital speedo

8 replies to this topic
  • garr87v

Posted December 09, 2008 - 07:24 PM

While riding my 07 Wr 450 on Saturday "I lave this bike by the way" I was on a fast road section in 5th and I decided to look down to see how fast I was going. The speedo said I was going 130. I didn't think it was right so I slowed down and gassed it to see what the speed would do. It would jump like 10 miles an hr at a time. Has anyone had this type of problem, not a big deal just as long as milage reads right. I like to know how far I have gone, especially when doing the Idaho 100. Any fixes or Ideas?

• KennyMc

Posted December 09, 2008 - 07:34 PM

Just a thought but are you sure it is set on miles and not kilometers?

• tunefx

Posted December 09, 2008 - 07:35 PM

Any chance it jumped into kilometer mode instead of miles?

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Sorry, Kenshaw types faster than I do.[/COLOR]

• garr87v

Posted December 09, 2008 - 07:44 PM

Thats a good thought, I will check and see if it was switched. Thanks guys:worthy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted December 09, 2008 - 07:46 PM

anybody need one:excuseme:

• garr87v

Posted December 09, 2008 - 07:51 PM

:thumbsup: Just checked the speedo and it was on kilometers instead of MPH :usa: Thanks again for the help :smirk:

• Deserthound

Posted December 09, 2008 - 07:52 PM

I did the same thing by accident. Held the A/B selector down too long and it switched to kilometers. I couldn't figure out why my normal 50 mile loop turned into 80. :thumbsup:

• KennyMc

Posted December 09, 2008 - 07:53 PM

anybody need one:excuseme:

Extra weight. It helps to keep the front end on the ground. Well, I guess I need more weight (see avatar)

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted December 09, 2008 - 08:05 PM

Extra weight?

That and the "stupid" wheels I got wont work with it:banghead:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.