Please don't guess the WR 450 weight

4 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 08, 2002 - 07:49 PM

I need to know. I'm gonna buy either the WR450 or the KTM 450.
I'm gonna buy one of them but weight is very important in my decision. Where can I find the weight? I've already checked the Yamaha web site.

• lewichris

Posted July 09, 2002 - 09:23 PM

they say it is one pound lighter then last year but it now has the e start. That is what i have heard. Yamaha= parts are easy to get. Cheaperparts. and it isn't colored like a pumpkin. Sorry idaho dirt i had to say it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bryan Bosch

Posted July 09, 2002 - 12:29 PM

Originally posted by Mike C:
I need to know. I'm gonna buy either the WR450 or the KTM 450.
I'm gonna buy one of them but weight is very important in my decision. Where can I find the weight? I've already checked the Yamaha web site.

I'm not so sure that just the physical weight of the machine is the most important part, but how the weight is carried. The WR has always carried its weight pretty high. Hopefully the new model is both lighter and carries it weight lower. KTM has always done a good job in these areas. Regardless, time will tell and the new Yami looks/sounds nice.

Bryan

• rockhound

Posted July 09, 2002 - 01:23 PM

Colour is the least important part of a motorcycle. Usually, you get what you pay for. Cheap=cheap.

• RLucky82

Posted July 09, 2002 - 01:39 PM

now now the yamaha wr/yzf's are some of the best built bikes in the industry and cost much less then katooms ...better repair history - easy to get parts - awsome perfomance + less price = better value! But if you got the money, the ktm's sure are nice...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.