hole on side of motor, removing head light and new number plate...

4 replies to this topic
  • disastergrafix

Posted December 08, 2008 - 11:23 PM

I have a few questions. I went riding on a pretty gnarly trail. Marked advanced and so on....you know how it goes, so I attempt it, well the trail was dang hard. I was trying to push my bike over this one obstacle and give it gas while on a narrow single track trail on a cliff. Well I tried for about 5 minutes, I was spinning my rear tire, couldn't get the strength to get the bike up. Well after this extreme trail and I turned around. Well I am trying to figure out what the hole on the topish right side of the motor is? I have a 07wr450. It is a hold I cover with tape when I wash the bike, maybe the size of a pencil eraser. I had some sticky liquid drain out of it with a burnt smell to it. I noticed the next day. I did not overheat the bike, I actually shut it off at times when I could coast to avoid any problems. Anyone had this happen? What is the hole and what comes out of it? Is it bad?

Next:
I think I might want to take off my lights. I dont ride at night and I could shave some weight. Is it hard to remove the front light? What kind of number plate will fit there after? Is there clips on the wiring that I should tape up and hide or something?
`
http://f330.mail.yah...=Inbox&inline=1

http://f330.mail.yah...=Inbox&inline=1
Thanks guys

• Himsa123

Posted December 09, 2008 - 12:18 AM

I have a few questions. I went riding on a pretty gnarly trail. Marked advanced and so on....you know how it goes, so I attempt it, well the trail was dang hard. I was trying to push my bike over this one obstacle and give it gas while on a narrow single track trail on a cliff. Well I tried for about 5 minutes, I was spinning my rear tire, couldn't get the strength to get the bike up. Well after this extreme trail and I turned around. Well I am trying to figure out what the hole on the topish right side of the motor is? I have a 07wr450. It is a hold I cover with tape when I wash the bike, maybe the size of a pencil eraser. I had some sticky liquid drain out of it with a burnt smell to it. I noticed the next day. I did not overheat the bike, I actually shut it off at times when I could coast to avoid any problems. Anyone had this happen? What is the hole and what comes out of it? Is it bad?

Next:
I think I might want to take off my lights. I dont ride at night and I could shave some weight. Is it hard to remove the front light? What kind of number plate will fit there after? Is there clips on the wiring that I should tape up and hide or something?

Thanks guys

As for the whole in your motor thats leaking idk maybe some pics would help someone answer that.

In regards to removing the headlight its actually really easy. Tunefx made a pretty good tutorial in this thread:
http://www.thumperta...oving headlight

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PBDBLUE

Posted December 09, 2008 - 06:22 AM

It's a drain hole for the spark plug well area.

• starfish

Posted December 09, 2008 - 01:30 PM

Hey leave the head light on. I have very modified 07 wr 450. I race and trail ride often. leave the head light. It makes being seen in single track much better. And the first it gets you home its priceless. I did install a switch to shut mine off when racing gp. And it does not weigh much. Spend your money and energy on the suspension, rad guard, skids shield etc.........

• disastergrafix

Posted December 09, 2008 - 04:11 PM

ok the pics are up let me know what you think.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.