Cable length and High Rise Bars

3 replies to this topic
  • slippyfoot

Posted December 08, 2008 - 11:10 AM

Hey folks,

does anyone know what the limit is with stock cable length on an '06 wr450, i.e. how much higher can i go on the bars before i run out of cable?

i haven't had a chance to pull the tank and cut the zip ties to see how much extra i have.

also, if i don't have enough cable, where can i get some longer cables?

• brad the best

Posted December 08, 2008 - 01:02 PM

how much of a riser are you gonna put on there . i think i have a 1" with some bent up bars . never had a problem .

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted December 08, 2008 - 02:06 PM

how much higher can i go on the bars before i run out of cable?

you can do a good 2 1-2 inches:thumbsup:

• kskyles

Posted December 08, 2008 - 02:24 PM

if you want longer cables, then call motion pro. they can custom make them for you for a reasonable price.

i had about 2.5 inches of rise on my bars with the spacers, and used my stock cables. when it was time for replacement, i just called motion pro and had them add 2 inches to the stock length.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.