Second Thoughts

51 replies to this topic
  • Dodger

Posted January 27, 2003 - 08:05 AM

Cool man, if your so damn worried, there are plenty of XR's out there.........have fun dude...........

Sheesh........

Dodger :) :D

• JADENHYRUM

Posted January 27, 2003 - 08:15 AM

Hurry and buy a C-dale so we can keep them around!!!!!!!The values will go up if they go out of business!!!

• IceBox

Posted January 27, 2003 - 08:27 AM

2 bikes, that is all everyone is getting worried about, 2 bikes that have reported a problem that seems to be related to a backfire which indicates a lean condition which is curable. Lets not borrow trouble yet.

How many WR's does Yamaha sell, 2 bikes doesn't warrant concern yet IMO. The people who have their bikes aren't accurately represented here yet, they are out riding and don't have time for TT. :)

• SMD

Posted January 27, 2003 - 08:35 AM

Ahh finally a voice of reason....Thanks Icebox.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted January 27, 2003 - 08:52 AM

You guys are killin me... I figure I can have my friendly Yamaha dealer check the "Woodruff" key and fix the clutch (if there really is a problem with mine) in less than a hour. No problem.... Big deal!!! For those who have cold feet please cancel your order because I have friends that are waiting in line for them.

You know, this could be worse.. You could've bought an <font color="orange"> ORANGE bike with a bad main bearing, Ohh I mean a bad water pump seal etc......

Please stop trying to tell me to get a KTM... I don't want one, sorry..... :)

dan

• lewichris

Posted January 27, 2003 - 09:02 AM

"I don't know what you guys are talking about with problems. I have 120 miles on mine so far and no problems at all. no clutch noises or starter problems. It handles jumps very nicely, even the big ones. A very well balanced suspension.

Charlie B "
03 WR450F

hell i put 120 miles on my bike in one day. Or one ride i should say.

• adamwagar

Posted January 27, 2003 - 10:49 AM

Your right. I'm just paranoid. In my defense though, I have owned a few bikes in my 34 years of riding. Never had a warranty problem. Well, there was that POS BMW I had. BMW = Bite My Wallet. So, it surprises me that a stellar company like Yamaha, let a few glitches slip by in R&D.

• SMD

Posted January 27, 2003 - 10:56 AM

R&D glitch? How about insufficent torque on the magneto holding nut? :)

• radruss

Posted January 27, 2003 - 11:16 AM

You are right,I need to get my head out of my a##.I am just getting tiered of the wait it's killing me and the worst part is.I probably won't get my bike till March. according to my dealer! :)

• xr600r

Posted January 27, 2003 - 11:18 AM

holy crap....i go snowmobiling in the u.p. for 4 days, and come home to read about clutch problems, and starter problems... grrrrrrrrr.
she's sure looking good sitting in the garage though.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • adamwagar

Posted January 27, 2003 - 11:25 AM

At least we have something to talk about. Check out the Honda site. You'll learn about Diesel pickups and satalite dishes. :) :D

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted January 27, 2003 - 01:15 PM

At least we have something to talk about. Check out the Honda site. You'll learn about Diesel pickups and satalite dishes.

LOL, hahahahah!!!!

My bike should be here in less than two hours.. Tic Toc Tic Toc............. I hope the clutch isn't sitting at the bottom of the crate. hahhahahahah :)

• SMD

Posted January 27, 2003 - 01:24 PM

Dan seriously.... put a torque wrench on that magneto bolt when you get that puppy. Enjoy :)

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted January 27, 2003 - 01:40 PM

Dan seriously.... put a torque wrench on that magneto bolt when you get that puppy. Enjoy

SMD, For sure!!! I'm gonna have my good friends at the Yamaha shop check it out before I ride it and I'll let you know if mine is loose or not.

• SMD

Posted January 27, 2003 - 01:46 PM

Interesting when you read the manuel they have done a cut&paste on page 4-81. The torque spec has changed since the printing.....makes you go Hmmmmm :)

• Hick

Posted January 27, 2003 - 01:47 PM

Dan seriously.... put a torque wrench on that magneto bolt when you get that puppy

I don't get that. The mag nut was falling off after the woodruff key failed. With no key, the mag spins on the shaft.

Think about which direction it will spin, and what this will do to the mag nut.

• WR250fla

Posted January 27, 2003 - 02:03 PM

My manual has no cut and past on page 4-81. the torque for the rotor nut says 50ft-lb and its 11 ft-lb for the bolt for the starter clutch. Does anybody else have any different
specs.

• The_Blue_One

Posted January 27, 2003 - 02:07 PM

thats what mine shows 50 ft lbs.What does the cut and paste say?

• SMD

Posted January 27, 2003 - 02:10 PM

Oh thats great....so mines the only one that calls for 61ft-lb? :)

• WR250fla

Posted January 27, 2003 - 02:18 PM

I like the 61 ft lb figure better...I'm sure a cut and paste would be the updated spec. I guess this calls for a new topic.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.