Help with GPR stabilizer V4 on 2007 WR450

6 replies to this topic
  • djv5

Posted December 08, 2008 - 06:07 AM

Has anybody had any problems with mounting a GPR stabilizer to their 2007 WR450f?

I purchased a new V4, and am mounting it to the stock triple clamp and stock fat bar.

When I tighten down the stabilizer to the top clamp, the stabilizer bottoms out on the GPR stearing stem nut. I have adjusted the pin, and followed the instructions. Am I missing something?

I shimmed the stabilizer with a flat washer, but now my fat bars are resting on the top of the stabilzer and I do not think this is correct.

Any help would be appreciated, my next step is to call GPR when they open.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted December 08, 2008 - 07:08 AM

From what you wrote, I take it that you have the submount? If so, you need to use a two small washers between the bottom of the sub mount bar holders and the top of the tripple clamps. This should fix your problem. If not then call GPR and see what they say.

• djv5

Posted December 08, 2008 - 11:12 AM

Yep, I have the submount, and I did add a small washer to shim. Was just not sure if I did the right thing. I have a call into GPR, waiting to hear back. Thank you for the reply.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • desdave

Posted December 08, 2008 - 11:26 AM

Same thing here, I got it all tightened up and couldn't move the bars. Foung that the stabilizer was clamped down on the nut. Put a washer under the bar mounts and all is well. But they should include instructions, or the washer. Anyway, it works just fine now.

• djv5

Posted December 08, 2008 - 12:01 PM

Thank you for response!

• race32

Posted December 08, 2008 - 01:27 PM

GPR knows about this problem and will/should send you 2 aluminum washers to shim it off the triple tree. I have one of the first run V4's and they had me send it back to replace everything but the top plate on the stabilzer its self and also gave me the two shims too. They had issues with a supplier of the seals.

• djv5

Posted December 08, 2008 - 04:19 PM

Just got off the phone with GPR, they are aware of the necessary shims, and sending them out in the mail.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.