2 replies to this topic
  • xorron5

Posted December 08, 2008 - 04:45 AM

Hi ,my -09 yz450f is pulling super well with my DMC-afterburner comp system
and R&D POWERBOWL , it has the stock setting needle and clip etc... the only
thing what i changed was the main jet from 160 to 165 ...i would like to know
can i experience some benefits from the red jd-jet kit needle compairing with
the stock one...its hot and humid here in thailand..:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kasjok

Posted December 08, 2008 - 05:32 AM

I am living in Estonia on sea level, low-humidity and riding temps are between 45-75F or about 10-25C usually. I asked James what needle did he recommend for me. He told me that I should be running the red one in all these conditions as it is should give more crisp throttle response from the low RPMs.
Also, his kit suggests to use 170 main for my altitude. I asked James if this isn`t a bit rich as 165 main with stock needle is pretty much the right choice for my 08 YZ450F, but he said that his needles require a bit larger mains, so my guess is that the average diameter of his needles is larger then the stock ones.

I am going to install the kit somewhere in the january as our riding season usually starts in the middle of the march.

• xorron5

Posted December 09, 2008 - 03:35 AM

Yep ,i got the same info from him ,but changing the needle is an strugle
and since the stock one is working good i am a bit scared to go and screw it up. i do have his jet-kit in my draw but i woud like to be shure to make it
better if i go thru with the exchange..

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.