Lost my tip! Pipe tip

3 replies to this topic
  • xjon

Posted December 07, 2008 - 10:11 PM

Was out riding today and towards the end I realized that I lost the very end of my pipe. Don't know what its called but its the thing that slips inside and has a bolt to secure it.

99 WR400 and the exhaust tip had a GYT-r stamped on it. So what is it for? For noise or spark arrester?

Thanks

• byggd

Posted December 08, 2008 - 03:18 PM

Assuming you have a stock exhaust the part you lost is for noise reduction only and your spark arrester is still there. A couple of companies make them GYTR and Pro Billet being two of the most popular.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xjon

Posted December 08, 2008 - 03:56 PM

So running the bike without the tip is okay without having to adjust the jetting or anything?

• byggd

Posted December 09, 2008 - 12:55 PM

The factory peashooter is very restrictive so if you were going from the factory set up to no insert I would say yes but the aftermarket units have about a 7/8” to 1” opening. I run my 02 with and without the Pro Billet insert with no trouble at all.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.